Monday, May 10, 2010

Busy, Busy

Skipped a couple days since I was sick Friday and wingeing about my tummy didn't seem like a good post. So I spent the day watching QI and trying to figure out what to get for a Mother's Day present*. I work on the weekends usually so I'm probably never going to post much then. *In case anyone is dying of curiosity I got her one of those pandora bracelets because she mentioned liking them a couple months ago and I couldn't remember anything else she wanted.
Anyways, on to the actual post.
So, my sister is having her first year of med school finals this week, and I'm trying to set up little surprises to make it slightly better. The main constraints being that she will not leave the house, eat, or sleep more than 2 hours at a time for the whole week. I have some ideas, such as bubble baths and fancy soaps (she likes to study in the bath), peachy o's (her favorite candy), and if I can get them tickets to see Conan (for the last day as a reward). I'm also thinking of making her some playlists for studying and putting them on her ipod, and sending her links to short happy things. I'm also trying to think of what to do for my little brother since he's headed off to Houston next week to spend the whole summer at an internship. I'm thinking a surprise party on Friday after my sister finishes finals and before he heads off which is a limited window of opportunity, but hopefully I can pull it off. Another busy week for me.
I really do like throwing parties and planning presents for events. Especially if I can somehow incorporate a treasure hunt which I might do for both of them. One day I will have either very happy or very annoyed children.

No comments:

Post a Comment